Thank you for insuring your pet, in order to ensure swift processing we would like you to observe the Riverside Veterinary Practice insurance guidelines below.
- We require a copy of your insurance certificate, this will confirm the details that we require from your insurance company and will also advise us of the insurance excesses.*
- Staff at Riverside can only provide guidance on your insurance they cannot advise what you are and are not insured for. This is something you must discuss with your insurers.
- Please advise the date of initial cover. If you have changed insurance companies you will need to provide a new certificate.
- All Excess payments are to be paid on first consult, this is per condition per year. (please note that some insurers differ on this)
- Forms are to be handed in 7 working days after the initial visit for that condition. If forms are not received, you will automatically receive hastener letters for the outstanding bills.
- The owners section of the forms must be completed in whole and forms received that are not fully completed will be returned , causing a delay to your claim and to payment to the practice.
- Any direct claims that are rejected by the insurance company are to be paid within 21 days.
- Pets who have lifelong conditions, will need to submit a form 1-2mths for repeat claims.
- You will be requested to sign and date that you have understood the above on initial receipt of a claim form.
Click here to download our Insurance form
*Please read through your paperwork as excess amounts vary depending on insurance company and level of cover you have chosen.